Subject: RE: M lenses
From: "Repucci, Steven" <SRepucci@analogic.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 1997 11:35:51 -0500

Gabe wrote:
>>>Hi there.  I am looking for another lens for my M and want to know
what
anyone's opinion on this is.  I have a 35 summicron,  a 50 summitar w/M
adapter,  and I'm thinking of a 28 or 90?  What do many of you get the
most use out of and what should I look for?<<<

Gabe,

I'm sure you opened up a BIIIIIIG can of worms here. Not in a bad way
though it's just that, like myself, you will probably have 500+
different preferences for your next acquisition.

Unless you're not into people at all and want to devote the majority of
your efforts to landscapes and or architectural photos, I would lean
toward the 90. I find myself using mine quite often and am not afraid to
say that most of my "good" stuff comes from that lens(90 summicron:-))
including, I'm proud to say, a detailed photo of peeling paint taken
recently at the seminar in Kennebunkport ME that was good enough to
place 3rd in the critique portion of the weekend.:-) (photo was taken
under overcast sky's, w/Ectachrome Elite II 100 slide film, hand held
~f2.8@125, with the lens focused @ minimum) So much for close up
photography.

As a lens for portraiture it is fantastic. A great lens for getting "up
close" without getting in someone's face.

Steve