Subject: Re: Leica point and shoots.
From: Jack Gottlob <sam@injersey.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 1997 17:23:25 -0800

BIRKEY, DUANE wrote:

> I would like to get a Leica point and shoot for my wife for Christmas.
>  I'd really like to get her a M-6 with a 75 Summilux, but I've been
> warned that would not be a good idea.  We've got an Olympus XA2 at the
> moment which works fine most of the time, but Cheri always seems to
> move the focus lever to infinity for closeups and every so often the
> camera likes to use near 1sec shutter speeds with flash.  So we get
> well exposed but quite blurred images..........
>
> Wall Street Camera has a bunch of the Mini, Mini II and now Mini III
> cameras.  Does anyone have a recommendation between the three quality
> wise or reasons why I should buy the Mini III over the Mini or Mini II.
>  I don't need a zoom and a Minilux would take away from buying other M
> EQ.
>
> DuaneI got my wife the mini zoon with the date back.  She loves it.  One of my
daughters has a Canon p&s and the other one has a Cannon EOS something or
other.  The mini has more contrast and better flash exposure that either
one of them.  There is, however, a problem with red eye even though it
had r-eye reduction.  I spoke to Leica about it at the Javitz last week,
and all they said was "yup".
jack