Subject: Re: M7????
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 1997 23:06:50 -0600

At 03:27 AM 11/7/97 -0500, you wrote:

>I've been away for a while putting the R8 through its paces. What is
>happening in the rumor mill regarding the M7 come 1998? I saw something a

I heard that no M7 is coming, but variants on the M6 might/are.

>Also, has any one heard of a $250 rebate on R series lenses right now? B&H
>told me that the 35mm f2 ROM R series was at $1600 due to a rebate. Does this
>apply across the board or are they blowing out this lens in anticipation of a
>aspheric version??

No, the DM is just weak against the U.S. dollar. They might extend it
beyond the March deadline they just extended. There are a bunch of rebates
on now. Check their web sites.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch