Subject: Us together
From: Kari Eloranta <eloranta@lammio.hut.fi>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 97 12:39:05 +0200

Luggers,

Since I was involved in the recent discussion that turned a bit
harsh at the end let me add a comment.

I don't wish anyone to be forced out of this forum. We should be
able to go on in spite of differences in opinion. Live and let live.

A couple of more specific comments. Firstly people should read each
other's post and not act on reflexes alone. Bad misunderstandings
and grudge can follow.  A case in point: in the recent tread it was
claimed that I made insulting commets on _americans_ when all that
was talked about was _american media_. There is a huge difference.
I've lived on both sides of the pond and gotten to know people of
integrity and fine humor on both sides.

Secondly people who have the time and knowledge to post in great
volumes should pay attention on how they do it in the same
proportion. There is perhaps ten fifteen threads going on each day
and many people in each. Most of us don't save old posts/digests.
One should show which individual is being replied and not cut things
out of context. But one should cut out repetitions. For example
there seems no point to post one's snailmail address on many lines
every day ten times over. I'm sure there are other good practices as
well but these come to mind now.

Ok, back to regularly scheduled program... :-)

Kari