Subject: Re: Us together
From: Kari Eloranta <eloranta@lammio.hut.fi>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 97 10:59:54 +0200

I wanted to let this matter rest. E. Welch was given a graceful
second (third?) chance by others, too. But he continues with a
blatant lie. That's exactly what he does.

In the archives anyone can check that on Nov. 8-9 he wrote:

>>I'm not trying to be hard on you, but I refuse to accept the idea
>>that we Americans are pathetic because we don't attack topics the
>>way Europeans do. That's a bit snobbish, and rather ethnocentric.

And I replied, commenting on this very passage in my note on the
following day:

>I never said anything about americans that you try to claim. Again
>you are just twisting and generalizing for your own purposes.
>Introducing this ethnocentricity and bringing about the other
>accusations.

There it is for everyone to see.

Perhaps you will be running behind Fred Ward's back again. I find
it rather pathetic that you had to drag him into this matter. As
everyone remembers FW's posts were always (upto the "Shakespeare and
the monkey"-post) exemplary: honest, highly informative and well
crafted. The exact antithesis of your posts.

Kari Eloranta

In your post post on Mon, 10 Nov 1997 10:30:59 -0600, you quote
first me and then go on:

>claimed that I made insulting commets on _americans_ when all that
>was talked about was _american media_. There is a huge difference.
>I've lived on both sides of the pond and gotten to know people of
>integrity and fine humor on both sides.

I can't let this go. I specifically said it was an attack on
American NEWS
media. Not Americans. Let's get the facts straight.
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

Eric Welch