Subject: Re: Leica point and shoots.
From: Stu Tilley <sdt@dingbats.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 1997 13:54:27 +0000

In article <42C56134017E1B00@mailgate.hcjb.org.ec>, "BIRKEY, DUANE"
<dbirkey@hcjb.org.ec> writes
>I would like to get a Leica point and shoot for my wife for Christmas.
> I'd really like to get her a M-6 with a 75 Summilux, but I've been
>warned that would not be a good idea.  We've got an Olympus XA2 at the
>moment which works fine most of the time, but Cheri always seems to
>move the focus lever to infinity for closeups and every so often the
>camera likes to use near 1sec shutter speeds with flash.  So we get
>well exposed but quite blurred images..........
>
>Wall Street Camera has a bunch of the Mini, Mini II and now Mini III
>cameras.  Does anyone have a recommendation between the three quality
>wise or reasons why I should buy the Mini III over the Mini or Mini II.
> I don't need a zoom and a Minilux would take away from buying other M
>EQ.

Douane;

I've been using a Mini III since they came out, and find it a great
camera for general "snaps" when I don't plan to carry my M2 or R3 about.
Fits in the pocket, has prefocus on the first pressure of the release
and gives decent quality images.  Good "feel" in the hand - compared it
with the Yashica before buying.
Drawbacks are red-eye on flash; the anti red-eye is non too good and
there is quite a delay between the two flashes.

Stu
- --
Stu Tilley              E-mail: sdt@dingbats.demon.co.uk
Little Chalfont                 Compu$erve 100031,14
Bucks