Subject: Re: The Minox GT -- An Unappreciated Leica?
From: newport_m@utpb.edu (Mark Newport)
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 97 08:14:45 -0800

>I use a Minox GT, a 35mm camera that focuses by rotating the ring around the
>lens. Minox is now owned by Solms and the lenses of the GT type camera class
>appear to be Elmars in design. In any case the 35mm fixed lens is about as
>sharp as they come. It renders brilliant color.
> If you can judge
>distance and appreciate the 35mm focal length, and want true precision, there
>is no better compact than the GT. It's the camera that I have constantly with
>me. I've used it for about ten years.
>
>Bob Rosen

I agree.  I used a GT for years and wish I had mine back. Excellent
quality, and the most handy thing I have ever used.  Outdoors, just zone
focus w/ Tri-X and shoot...back into your pocket. I would get another one
but then I had to SWEAR to my wife that I would use that Hasselblad A12
much more than that little old camera.... and so it goes.

Mark