Subject: Re: Opinions Sought: 35mm Summicron R vs M aspheric
From: Lucien_vD <Lucien_vD@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 1997 12:07:10 -0500

Eric Welch wrote:

>That being said, the 35mm Summicron R is supposed to have very high
>resistance to flare, which is an important characteristic. And it's quit=
>bit less expensive than the Summilux, and it does focus closer. But my
>choice on the R cameras would be the Summilux anyway. It's amazing. =

After trying both, I made the opposite choice  and never regret it.
I try to use Summilux for reportage and stop because the focusing was to
slow.
For travel it is to heavy,  and for landscape you don't need 1,4, and on
top of that the 35/1,4 don't like polarizing filter because of vignetting=
=2E

I find the 35/1,4 really usefull only on a M camera and I'm surprised tha=
Leica still sell some 35/1,4 R sinds the release of the M 35/,14 ASPH.

This a personnal point of view and I don't ask anybody to share it.
;-)

Lucien
BELGIUM