Subject: Re: Opinions Sought: 35mm Summicron R vs M aspheric
From: "Thomas J. Donovan" <75674.3465@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 1997 08:37:26 -0500

Eric Welch,

First & foremost,  congrats on the R8 purchase & welcome back to Leica ;~)
!

            >>the 35 Summicron R is behind not only the 35 Summilux R<<

However, & not wanting to disagree with a great "shooter" like yourself;
per the BAS charts, it sure looks like like the R-"cron" is better, In
particular, the R-"cron" looks much better with regard to contrast.

Granted, I've not had a chance to compare both; however, the MSG from
Lucien might suggest a similar conclusion, "After trying both I made the
opposite choice".

Try to control your flamethrower ;~); just thought I'd share my opinion!

Tom D.