Subject: RE: Oxymorons and pre-visualization
From: "Roger Beamon" <beamon@primenet.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 1997 10:25:35 -0700

On 11 Nov 97,  BIRKEY, DUANE wrote:

> For those of you whom English is a second or third language:
>
> Webster's dictionary states that the word visualize means:  to form a
> mental image of something not visible. Oxymoron is a figure of speech
> in which contradictory terms are combined or used together.

I'll wager that the non-native English readers on here have an English
dictionary at hand.

<snip>

> I would personally define pre-visualization in photography as:  the
> process of forming a mental image of how a photo will appear in it's
> final form.

You may do it personally. I can't stop you. I will only say that it is
not necessary, therefore superfluous. One merely visualizes the photo
as it will appear in its final form. A little like "focusing in" on
something.

- --
Roger Beamon
       Naturalist & Photographer
       mailto:beamon@primenet.com

          Mathematics, rightly viewed, possesses not only
   truth, but supreme beauty--a beauty cold and austere,
   like that of sculpture, without appeal to any part of
   our weaker nature, without the gorgeous trappings of
   painting or music, yet sublimely pure, and capable of
   a stern perfection such as only the greatest art can show.

           -- Bertrand Russell