Subject: Re: The Minox GT -- An Unappreciated Leica?
From: "Roger Beamon" <beamon@primenet.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 1997 14:18:23 -0700

On 11 Nov 97,  Dave Munroe wrote:

> I almost bought a used Minox a few weeks ago, but found the
> `drawbridge' supports and the drawbridge itself getting in the way of
> my fingers when attempting to adjust the aperture.
>
> I don't have thick fingers, so Is there some trick to this?

Though I don't own one, Dave, my experience with any piece of new gear
is that it takes "practiced hand and finger movements" to effectively
work it. These movements will come more easily to some, but I think
almost anyone who goes to the trouble of using the new beast,
exclusively, for some period of time will commit these movements to
memory.

The interesting thing is that after this period of exclusive use, you
can then put it away for a while and, lo and behold, when you next go
to use it, it all falls back into place again with almost zero
relearning necessary.

May not be too long, though, before I pop for one. I've never heard a
bad word about them (especially the lens). Cute as a bug's ear!
- --
Roger Beamon
       Naturalist & Photographer
       mailto:beamon@primenet.com

          Thought for the day:
      Advertising (n): the science of arresting the human
      intelligence for long enough to get money from it.
             -- Stephen Leacock