Subject: very late roll call
From: Roberto Giaccio <giaccio@dis.uniroma1.it>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 1997 12:10:09 +0100 (MET)

Roberto Giaccio, from Roma, ITALIA.

Age 34, married with Isabella in 1991, 2 daughters, Maria (4 years)
and Laura (4 months).

Electronical Engineer, and PhD Student in Informatics Engineering at the
University of Rome.  Also computer consultant, great lover, Olympic athlete
and Nobel Prize winner (well, this last points not really true).

Photography is my hobby.  Being professionally forced to excessive rational
thinking, I try to avoid too many justifications at least in my hobbies, so
I say that I take photographs because I enjoy it, and currently use a Leica
M because I feel confortable with it.

My subjects are my family (a relevant slice of the human society, from my
point of view), and my travels.  I shoot mostly slides, Fuji Velvia and
Sensia, and recently Agfa Scala.  With this great slide I am progressively
shifting toward B&W, but this is a slow process.

I currently own a Leica M6 with a 35/2, 4th type, and a 90/2.8, latest
type.  This is the camera I use most.  I also own a Contax 167 MT with
28/2.8, 50/1.4 and 135/2.8.

In the past I owned two russian SLR, Zenith E and Zenith TTL, two
brick-cameras with which I learned the basics, and a Rolley 35 SE, a great
camera which was my primary camera for some years.

I am looking for a Minox 35 GTE (or a Contax T) to bring always with me.

I also played for many years (not anymore) classical piano, and in the past
have been involved in a lot of activities, all interesting and useless.

In enjoy the LUG very much; I am a "passive" list participant, partly
because of my hard English, partly because unfortunately many of you
quickly give very exhaustive answers, but in the future I hope to
become more active (not a very difficult task, I think this is my fourth
message, and I am subscribed to the LUG since before majordomo).

				Roberto