Subject: Re: Choosing and R series 35mm focal lenght lens
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 1997 23:38:41 -0600

At 01:53 PM 11/13/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Dear LUG:

>I am checking in to see what experince has been had with these two lenses.
>Also, does any one else suspect that there will be an aspheric version for
>the R series due out soon?

I wouldn't hold my breath. But that would be nice.

And as I have indicated, I am an unabashed fan of the 35mm Summilux R. In
most tests I've seen rank it just below the 35mm Summilux ASPH M. Who
knows? Maybe there will be one. Leica seems to be using Aspheric lenses to
get the next generation of lenses to a higher level of performance.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Seek the wisdom of the ages, but look at the world through the eyes of a
child.

Ron Wild