Subject: Re: Wierd lenses
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 1997 12:26:45 -0500

When Leitz decided that the next step was to make their new camera capable
of interchangeable lenses, they worked with A O Roth on the project.  Roth
was provided with camera bodies but whether the work was done in London or
Wetzlar, I do not know.  In any event, these cameras were marketed with
Meyer normal lenses and Dallmeyer and Ross long glass.  I believe the
3.5/35 Elmar was made available as well, but the advertisements I have seen
do not list this.

Anytime you come across interesting LTM lenses like these, especially
Zeiss, I'm interested!

The book is: =20

Marc James Small, Non-leitz leica Thread-Mount Lenses: A 39mm diversity.
H=FCcklehoven, Germany:  Rita Wittig, 1997.  ISBN: 3-930359-47-2.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!