Subject: Re: Questions from a re-newbie
From: n5xrd@juno.com (Richard W. Hemingway)
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 1997 21:22:36 CST

 Art,

>3) Though I've already ordered the f/2.0 35mm Asph what are your
>thoughts on
>the two 35mm f/2 lenses?

I have owned both the 35/1.4 ASPH and the 35/2.0, but not the new ASPH
2.0. I presently own the 35/2.0 rather than the 1.4 ASPH because I like
the images and look that it gives.  It is the main reason I have come
back to Leica twice and now stay here.  Like a dope it seems that I have
to do everything at least twice before I learn.

The 35/1.4 ASPH is a great lens with great correction, but, for some
reason it has never excited me.  I don't know if the 35/2.0 ASPH is an
improvement on the old 35/2.0 from an image standpoint.  I understand it
may be some sharper (although the old 35/2.0 seems plenty sharp to me)
and have a little more contrast.  I imagine it has less coma.

Richard Hemingway
Norman, OK