Subject: 'M'ing it and 'R'ing it?
From: MyersPete@aol.com
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 1997 14:39:34 -0500 (EST)

Hi to all:

As some of you know, I am an R8 user after stepping up from a Canon 1n
system. The R8 is not perfect, but the image quality with the 28mm f2.8ROM is
superb (in comparison to the Canon).

My question for the day - and it is sincere - is what do you that shoot 'M's
get on film that I do not get on my R?

Shooting wide with the R is a bit of a problem for focusing. As my eyes get
weaker, I debate the use of going to an M with a rangefinder. Is this what
makes an M user and M user for life? Or is it image quality? Or weight?

Thank you for your thoughts.

Pete