Subject: Re: 135/1:2.8 R
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 1997 15:23:07 -0500

My personal opinion is that the 135/2.8-R is a fine lens; I used it for
portraits, and moderate close-ups until I got a 90/2.0 -R Summicron, which I
like better for portraits... I think that anyone who got the , say 90/2.0
for portraits and a 180/4 APOTelyt would find the 135 redundant, but still
an excellent lens. I like it enough that I had my two-cam version upgraded
to three-cam so I could use it on my newer bodies; I don't use it as much,
but enough as it still is a really good lens!
- -

I noticed that the 135/1:2.8 R is quite an affordable lens.
Is this becasue this lens is not up to leica standards anymore, or
just because it is an impopular design?
The first design looks very much like the 135/1:2.8 M, but was
already recalculated after four years while the M-lens was not
recalculated.
Has anybody any experiences with those three lenses? How do they
compare in quality?

               Greetings,

                              Michiel.