Subject: HP Scanner
From: Stephen Kobrin <kobrins@wharton.upenn.edu>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 1997 15:09:07 -0500

</paraindent>

I too have been looking for a scanner.  While I do not have experience
with a the HP PhotoSmart, I did see an FAQ on HP's scanner which
"appears" to be reasonable and from a knowledgable author.  His argument
is that the Photosmart scanner really is aimed at the casual photographer
interested in scanning in snapshots and that it will not do for serious
work.  You can access the FAQ with some searching by going to
www.dejanews.com and then clicking on power search and looking in the old
data base.  Again, one view from a source that I cannot vouch for.

Steve