Subject: Re: Bokeh:a mythical construct
From: "Patrick G. Sobalvarro" <pgs@sobalvarro.org>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 1997 23:13:00 -0800

So, it's now been more than a day since our esteemed colleague, Erwin Puts,
posted a message stating that what is referred to as "bokeh" has no
scientific or factual basis.  A number of us replied; for example, I asked
the question:

    Erwin, are you saying that you believe that all lenses of
    the same focal length render out-of-focus areas identically
    when opened to the same aperture?

Erwin, please give your co-enthusiasts the satisfaction of further
discussion on the topic!

Surely you don't regard it as sporting to make controversial assertions in
so categorical a manner and then run off when the discussion you started
begins?

Patrick