Subject: Re: scanning
From: Nick Hunter <nhunter1@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 1997 22:59:40 -0500 (EST)

>I've been shooting neg film when I'm going
>to scan it on my Super coolscan. Slide are about a 50/50 chance for good
>results. Forget shadow detail.
>
>Tom

I've been researching this all over the place. Here, scanner list,
newsgroup search, some info here and there on the web, and some info from
knowlegable people I've run into, whatever.

The general consensus is that negatives scan well on desktop units, even
the much maligned Coolscan II, but for slides, the more you spend the
better.

Polaroid and Nikon are most often mentioned as having the most versatile
software.

Sorry if I'm always the bearer of off topic posts, I like talking about Leicas!
Honest! :) And before I began to lurk the LUG I thought I knew something
about them!!

Nick