Subject: 2nd M body
From: CMUHLSTEIN@aol.com
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 1997 16:00:00 -0500 (EST)

From: "Ferdinand U. LuDo" <fld@mozcom.com>
>"Can anyone here care to comment on what would be a good 2nd body for the M6
other than an M6 ? I'm thinking of an M2, M4. However the M4 seems steep and
its price is nearing that of a mint M6."
Your best choice is a clean, later model (#158xxx and higher) M4-P. Prices
range from $600 (user) to $1,200 (collector). They are more sturdy than a
M4-2, easy to repair and the viewfinder matches the M6. My M4-P , a second
body to the M6, accompanies me with a 35 or 50 Summicron and clip-on MR
meter.
Second bodies are great for experimenting with different films at your
convenience. Enjoy!
Carl Muhlstein
P.S. On the lookout for a clean used Noctilux. Private email.