Subject: Re: M6 range finder w/ lens longer than 75mm??
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 1997 21:48:03 -0500

At 03:59 PM 11/22/97 -0500, Art Searle wrote:
>Is this true?  I was planning on getting a 90 and/or 135mm lens for my M6 as
>soon as I can afford one.
>I was trying to decide which to get first.  Years ago, in a previous Leica
>experience, I don't remember any problems focusing my 90mm M lens.  What
>does LUG have to say?

It sort of depends on the user.  I don't have any problems shooting with
135mm lenses, but others do:  for that matter, I don't have problems with
focusing or framing with my 4/135 Elmar or Tele-Elmar, but, again, others
do.  Heck, I've even shot at 170mm with a 2X Tele-Extender on a 2/85 Sonnar
without a problem.

It simply depends on what you want and need and are comfortable with.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!