Subject: Re: 180mm f:2 Apo-Summicron / LA Zoo
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 1997 11:50:15 -0600

At 09:33 AM 11/23/97 -0700, you wrote:

>Marvin liked the f2.0 APO, Jim likes the f2.8 and TM likes the f3.4
>APO.
>
>Seems as though Leica really has their act together on this one.

This IS a very popular focal length. And one of the oldest teles, no?
Wasn't the Zeiss Olympic Sonnar, or whatever it's called, go way back into
the 20s?

They're light and compact (not counting the f/2) and seem to be very
popular with Press Photographers. After using a big 2.8 zoom for about
three years now, I'm impressed with how light and compact the 180 Elmarit
is. And the image quality, nothing to sneeze at.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Maintenance-free: When it breaks, it can't be fixed