Subject: HCB (was Hans & Paris)
From: "Hans Pahlen" <hans@komvux.skola.mark.se>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 1997 00:04:58 +0100

>Still wonder, how HCB or Eisenstadt succeeded to take some of their very
>special pix - with screw mount Leicas and 2 different windows for RF and
viewer.

Yes, the famous picture of the boy carrying two bottles of wine on Rue
Mouffetard in 1952 is a striking example of this. The boy is tack sharp and
almost everything else is out of focus, adding further impact to the boy.
I know of nothing so difficult as to focus on an object moving towards me,
everything is really going very fast. I usually prefocus, but after
developing the film I notice that I pressed the shutter too late...
After studying a few hundred Robert Doisneu pictures from Paris, I went to
my book shelf for HCB, and it once again struck me that HCB succeeds in
adding something extra to almost  every picture.
/Hans