Subject: Re: Leica R4
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 1997 15:59:03 -0600

At 11:33 AM 11/24/97 -0800, you wrote:

> My personal opinion is that you should get nothing older than an R4sP (R4s
> MOD-2 outside the US). R4sP, R5, RE, R6, R6.2, R7, R8. And $750 is too much
> for an ordinary R4.

I agree with Jim. The R4sP can be had for about $700 US or maybe a bit
less. So
go for the better camera and avoid the old R4 cameras. They are good cameras
for their day, but the film advance mechanism wasn't all that strong (for pro
use, I'd have to have them worked on about every 18 months), so the newer you
buy, the better.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Logic: The art of being wrong with confidence...