Subject: Re: R4 for Macro
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 1997 19:51:28 -0600

At 09:14 PM 11/25/97 +0000, you wrote:

>With your M6, you can even use the built in lightmeter (by moving the mirror
>manually) and don't have to calculate with the apertures.

That's the very reason why maco with the Viso is not a good idea if one
doesn't already have a bunch of money invested in such a system. First of
all, Visos are no longer in production. Second, the mirror is moved
manually. Third, it's just plain clunky. And I've seen work with an R4 and
macro lenses that are just fine. But you're right about mirror up. And for
that, the R8 seems to me to be the champ. Very easy to use.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

I am Homer of Borg, prepare to be assim...ooh, donuts!