Subject: Re: Need a hand with R4 Motor Winder
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 1997 23:22:50 -0800

At 02:04 AM 11/26/97 -0500, you wrote:

>I've never run into your situation any time. Maybe you just treated it too
>kindly. Hell there isn't anything like a good whack on the side of the
>camera body to wake some of them up to get their exposure ass in gear! :)
>
>Just thought you'd like to know it doesn't do any good treating the R's
>like ladies. :)
>
>ted

The situation of having to remove the entire winder, to separate the
contacts between the camera and winder, is real. Two years ago in the
Colorado Rockies, around this time, my R4sP did this. I use Really Right
Stuff quick release plates on all of my cameras. They are held on with a
Torx head screw. I was in the middle of nowhere, didn't have a torx driver
(and didn't have anything else that would work) so I pulled, pushed,
jammed, etc... (I wasn't very nice to the poor dear), but it stayed stuck.

When getting back to civilization, I removed the RRS plate (which covered
the winder release screw), then removed the winder. Then replaced the
winder and the camera cycled. It had to have the contacts separated. This
has only happened on my R4sP's. Never on my R6 or R7's.

I obviously now go nowhere without my torx driver.

Jim