Subject: Re: More on Kodachrome 64 and the R8
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 1997 23:45:50 -0800

At 02:19 AM 11/26/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Thanks Ted and Richard, et al for your posts. I like the matrix metering and
>would like to use it with the Kodachrome 64 - so, I intend to bias it 'down'
>a bit. If you guys were to guess, would you rate it at 80 or 100?
>
>I'm not surprised about the positive bias. I still think the matrix metering
>works quite well and just needs a bit of consideration in terms of a general
>bias. I had the opposit problem on the Canon 1n when using negatives. But as
>you know, the negatives benifit from a good kick of positive bias anyway.
>
>I have not been shooting chrome for quite a while. Its going to take a bit of
>adjusting to get back in to the swing of it. I am sure I will feel my way in
>to it soon, but want to take a bit of an educated guess to start out with -
>and I want to matrix meter.
>
>Thanks again for all your comments and experience! I am looking forward to
>Richard's update when the slides get back. And Ted always brings solid info
>to the show. Thanks!
>
>Pete

Pete,

A little hot on Kodachrome would normally indicate about a half stop. Run a
test roll. Shoot three shots of everything. One at 64, one at 80 and one
100. Cover the kind of subjects you normally shoot. You'll then know how
*your* camera works on *your* subjects and processed at *your* lab, with K64.

No one else can do this for you.

Jim