Subject: More on R4
From: Johnsson Stefan <stefan.johnsson@km.se>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 1997 14:27:01 +0100

Gerd,

Actually I considered to buy a Visoflex and bellows, because they are
not so hard to find, and also not so expensive. But one reason why I am
considering to get a R-body is that a friend of mine is going to sell
all his Leica R-equipment including a Schneider Curtagon, and I am
interested in buying this lens of him and use on a R-body. Another
reason is that I agree with Eric, I think it is clunky with the Viso put
on the M6.

If I did not already have a mechanical and manual camera (M6) I would
probably have bought a R6, but now when I intend to complete my
equipment with a second body (R4-R8?), why not get one with automatic
facilities, so that I have two completely different types of systems to
complete each other?

It is a good advice not to get the R5, since it lacks manual
mirror-lock, and instead go for a R7 or R8. But is it worth the money to
get a R8 instead for the R7? What can the R8 do, except from matrix
metering, which the R7 cannot? By the way, I heard that production of
the R7 is stopped now.

All the best,

/Stefan