Subject: Different perception with M or R Was: Eve Arnold
From: "Lucien_vD@compuserve.com" <Lucien_vD@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 1997 09:08:32 -0500

Kari wrote:

>The other is that with a RF/separate finder everything is in focus.  =

>In complex scenes there always tends to be distracting elements.  =

>Urban environment is so cluttered by strongly distracting things,  =

>light poles, wires, garbage of all sorts, random guys here and  =

>there. With a RF/finder you see it all in focus and can mask some  =

>behind the main subject, align them to be just pieces of composition etc=
=2E =

**Not so easy, because of the parallax with RF.

>With a SLR all looks clean on the screen (say 50, 85 mm or  =

>longer) but in the final image unpleasant stuff pops up from  =

>nowhere. Of course if you have time to use dof you can control it  =

>but often things happen too fast or it's too dark. In a way with  =

>RF/finder you see the worst possible image and then the numinous  =

>"bokeh" comes to rescue by wiping out some of the distraction.

**Often I finded my "M" pictures better than expected and my "R" flatter =
=2E
The later are improving sinds I use the R8, because of the top speed of
8000/S
who permit to use the R lenses wide open more easily.

N.B. I tend to use my M6 with 100 ISO and my R with 200 or 400
because of the 80-200/4 and the Polarizer.

Lucien
BELGIUM