Subject: Re: Different perception with M or R
From: Nick Hunter <nhunter1@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 1997 22:12:28 -0500 (EST)

>Kari wrote:

>The technique of just slightly hunching the upper body to the right
>seems to do it: the finder is where the lens was/will be.

A good trick, and worth remembering.

What I was getting at in my post of 11/26 was more related to alignment
where you aren't focussed, in BG. Try this: Tripod mount your M. Focus at
infinity and note where the frameline is, esp. the top edge. Now focus 5-6
feet away as you might to focus a foreground flower. Notice the frame has
shifted down and right.   This corrects the framing for the focussed plane,
but is way off for distant background. This is not a big deal for street
shooting, but the M is also a nice lightweight compact for
landscapes/cityscapes etc where foreground/BG alignment is critical. Moving
the lens to where the finder was is only accurate when the finder is at
infinity. Probably a brightline set to infinity would work, esp. on a
tripod as the shoe is vertical over the lens. A little column rise would
give true parallax correction.

Nick Hunter