Subject: Re: Harrold's site/-s & Noctilux
From: Alfred Breull <puma@hannover.sgh-net.de>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 1997 09:45:32 +0100

Harold has his new site Netscape enabled, meanwhile, and I'm glad, because
he shows remarkable examples of the Noctilux's performance - very remarkable
examples! It's at < http://hgphoto.home.ml.org >.

Almost all pix show musicians on the stage (and in action, nice shots!),
and gave me - as a permanent Noctilux grudger - a very persuading insight
in the Noctilux's both strongest abilities: the balance of strong/ extreme
contrasts and the revelation of shadow details, which are (almost) invisible
to the eye. Additionally, I'm very pleased that he demostrates the Noctilux's
abilities in that lot of fine (!) pictures. And, it's rather clever of you,
Harold, to show the performance of the 1.8/85 Nikkor also, but with daylight
film. So, all Nikon users will be looking for the M Leica (it means: not an
R Leica, LUGs, in case some BS filter don't work :)  ).

May I suggests, Harold, that you might switch the rank order of your pictures,
not much - just a little, and begin at least with a site which shows 2 or 3
thumbnails. I was a little confused during your first 4 sites, why you show
a thumbnail (and a pic on the same site), although there was only 1 pic.

But, that's nothing which interferes with your remarkable pictures.

Alf

At 00:23 24.11.1997 +0200, you wrote:

>I am still working on the site which I advertised a day or two ago. So far
it only has my pages of musicians up, but other pages will soon be available
too. Thankyou to those Luggers who have visited the site, but please give me
some feedback...I would love to know what you think of the site, speed of
access, and of the pictures themselves, even if you think that it's all
total rubbish.