Subject: Help with R8 Flash
From: ChipZHZ@aol.com
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 1997 11:21:53 -0500 (EST)

I have to admit that I continue to be very confused about how to use my non
SCA 3501 flash( a Leitz Braun 340 built for the R4) on my R8 until I can
afford a metz with 3501.  The IB is puzzling to me, I have put the camera in
"P", not sure what to do with the shutter(250? or what?) and which mode for
the flash, it allows a f/4 or f/8 setting,but "P" wants f/22 or max aperture
of the lens, right? Also, how do I use the "F" meter with this flash,same
settings as above,etc?

I guess I should also ask for rec. on the most cost effective way to get an
3501, flash, MZ2?

thanks,

chip