Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Digital storage???
From: Thomas Kachadurian <kach@freeway.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 1997 21:33:21 -0500

At 04:38 PM 11/29/97 -0800, you wrote:

I can agree that for magazine repro, a 6x7 will get you all the quality you
ever need. But you are kidding yourself if you think there isn't a
significant quality improvment when you go to 4x5, in tonality alone.

You can make a good 11x14 from 35mm negs, even a 16x20, but for an image
with great detail, perhaps a landscape with a wide angle lens, you can only
resolve every leaf and branch, every rock, with a 4x5 original.

Tom