Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Digital storage/ Printer dots
From: Thomas Kachadurian <kach@freeway.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 1997 22:03:52 -0500

Nick:

There's a bit of voodoo with all of this. Probably somewhere in the middle
would work. I've never used a 1440x720 printer and I don't know what LPI
they can resolve. My guess is that they could handle 133 just fine with the
good coated paper that keeps dot gain to a minimum. If you store an image
at 270 PPI, you would have plenty of data for even a 150 line screen.

Tom

At 06:42 PM 11/30/97 -0500, you wrote:
>This is in response to Tom Kachadurian's very informative post on
DPI/LPI/PPI.