Subject: [Leica] M3's & Stuff
From: David Young <youngs@IslandNet.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 1997 16:07:01

Fellow Lugnuts:

Next door to my store is an auction house, who have several Leica items in
an upcoming sale.  Their auctioneer (a friend) has asked me to give them
rough estimates of what they might fetch, but being an R user (sorry!) I
have little idea.  If anybody can help me with rough approximations, I'd be
very pleased.

[Lot 1]   Leica UXOOR Bellows (Bellows II) w/OZYXO Viso & PEGOO.  All in
original boxes.  Bellows appears unused, and Viso has had extremely little
use.

[Lot 2]  135 Hektor s/n 1561979.  Good user - many minor marks. well used.
Good glass.  w/caps and shade.

[Lot 3] 35mm Sumaron s/m 1179926 w/finder.  Good user - same as Hektor.
Finder appears to be in great shape.  Glass as new.

[Lot 4] 90mm Collapsible Elmar s/n 1260404  Good user - as Hektor but no
shade.  No visible scratches on glass.

[Lot 5] 85mm Summarex s/n 1151062 w/shade and leather case.  Very fine
condition.

[Lot 6] CL s/n 1328580 w/40mm Summicron-C s/n 2593297 w/soft leather case &
instruction book.  Quite good condition - but again, well used but not
roughly treated.

[Lot 7] M3 DS  s/n 856401 - very little brassing, but many scratches on
bottom plate.  w/Meter MC, which appears to work.  Missing vulcanite near
frame lever - about 1/8" inch square. Shutter sounds OK. Viewfinder bright.
 W/Summicron s/n 2593297 - which appears fine, but has some oil on diaphram
blades.

[Lot 8] M3 DS s/n 856027 - similar condition to above, but vulcanite is
missing near back hatch instead. Rangfinder patch not as bright as M3
above. w?Summarit s/n 1209264.  And Leica Meter MC as above.

Remember, exact prices not required.  No specific examples of other sales
needed.  Just approximate ballpark prices, so they know what to tell
prospective bidders.

Many thanks, for all help.  (Yer makin' me look good, guys!)

David Young, Victoria, CANADA       | Out of my mind...
http://www.islandnet.com/~youngs/   | Back in five minutes.