Subject: Re: [Leica] B and T Bomp-bomp-a-Loo-bop-Boom!
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 1997 22:02:20 -0500

Dear Alf;

Two things- just getting through the holiday mail!
One, I appreciate the offer of getting the 21/4 lens. I had assumed that you
meant the R version, and took note that KEH in Atlanta was offering one for,
I think, $899! Someone had said that Leica stuff was very dear in Germany,
but I didn't expect that much of a margin! Maybe I should be offering to get
YOU Leica stuff here, where it seems that it is cheap!
Also, about the PX625 battery that you mentioned to GAbe in an earlier post.
I have been using the newer version, and had not noticed that there was a
significant variation in my expoosures. I had been operating under the
assumption that many of these older meters using D'arsonval movements had a
bridge circuit that pretty measured the deviation from the current state of
the battery; this giving a fairly ( relatively) stable meter deflection for
any given amount of light- the bridge circuit in a sense 'adjusting for a
battery voltage that would drop over a period of time. Since it 'adjusted'
for a drop, I had figured that the newer bateries, with a slightly higher
voltage would not give all that much more deflection, and that the metering
system would be stable. I guess I could get out my slide rule and fiddle
with Kirchoff's Law and see exactly what occurs, but like I said, I have
been using the newer batteries in my SLs, and my trusty ole  Gossen Luna-Pro
that I've had since 1974 with no problems! The .15volt difference, with the
battery under load, doesn't seem to be a factor... What sayest thou?
Dan Post
dwpost@msn.com
The World would certainly be a nicer place if every kid was simply issued a
Leica at birth....