Subject: Re: [Leica] Contax G1 and Leica (off-topic?)
From: "shawnl@earthlink.net" <shawnl@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 1997 18:07:07 -0500

Bill-

All the G glass is stellar (as well as moderately priced) in my
experience and according to the test results in Popular Photography.
Although the G1 might have a tempting price, there are many features on
the G2 which make it worth the price, such as a better viewfinder, better
AF (active infared mode for low-light situations), 4fps motor drive,
1/6000 top shutter speed, and more.  If the G1 is definitely your price
limit, I'm sure you will enjoy it as long as you don't plan to use it for
low-light photography.