Subject: Re: [Leica] RE: 35 -350 designed for digital? are you sure??
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 1997 18:34:46 -0600

At 10:16 AM 12/5/97 -0500, you wrote:

>No, it's not pick on Eric Day,  yet
>
>Besides, if I'm wrong, I'll be batting 0 for 2 today.

First of all, you quoted someone else. I didn't say anything about the
35-350, but I don't think much of that lens either. I'd rather put a 2X on
the superb 70-200 2.8 and go longer with the same maximum aperture on the
long end. I did say the 17-35 is not as good wide open as the 20-35, but
that's because Canon said as much. It was designed for digital cameras.

As for Leica competing with Nikon and Canon, all I can say is thank
goodness someone is willing to go a different direction!

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch