Subject: Re: [Leica] Viewfinder color
From: Joe Berenbaum <joe-b@dircon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 1997 03:02:28

At 02:49 08/12/97 EST, you wrote:
>I have noticed that hte apparent viewfinder color rendition in my R6 is
colder
>(slight blue cast) compared to my R3. Further, my Pentax K2 and KX bodies are
>even warmer yet. Is this slight blue cast typical of the R6? It is also
>brighter than the other bodies. Thanks,
>Bob Figlio

Every Leica R body I've had (R4SP, R5, RE, R6, R7) has had what I would
call a greenish tint in the viewfinder. Various people at various times
have denied such a phenomenon, but it's there. The R4sp was so bad I
returned it- the others were better. An overhaul including cleaning seemed
to improve it on the R5. The R6 and R7 are okay- its a very slight cast and
doesn't bother me.

Joe Berenbaum