Subject: Re: [Leica] Erratic 1 sec. shutter speed
From: "Jeff Segawa" <segawa@netone.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 1997 19:26:30 -0700

>I use a trick someone taught me twenty years ago when I had a balky Hassy
>lens/shutter. He suggested I set it in a warm place- then it was a TV, now
>it's the Satellite box!

Now THERE'S a neat idea! But in the long run, I'd surely prefer to just have
fresh lubes put into the thing periodically. Oh, and since no one seemed to
mention it in this thread, I figured I'd toss in a reminder that the M
series will definitely have too-short exposures in the 1 sec setting if the
camera is rapid-fired before the timing mechaniism has had time to fully
cycle.