Subject: Re: [Leica] 2/50 Summicron "Canada"
From: "Jeff Segawa" <segawa@netone.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 1997 19:41:42 -0700

>Does anyone know any details about a
>2/50 Summicron, black, from Leitz Canada ?
>Unfortunately no s/n.

I believe it probably dates back to the early '80s. Nice lens, though mine
had a plastic hood which was a fuss to remove, and the lens cannot be capped
with it in place, so I screwed in a UV filter and left the hood in place at
all times,and didn't bother with the cap! As the plastic appeared to be a
very effective bumper, this was not really the hardship that it might've
seemed.