Subject: [Leica] My cheap kit (nice perfomance)!!
From: 96072121@csunt2.napier.ac.uk
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 1997 12:43:06 +0000

          Inreply to Tom (and others I must admit that recent large
          enlargements have convinced me of the superb performance of
          all these lenses (90/4, 50/2, 35/2), certainly make my old
          olympus kit look a bit out of its league. The 90/4 was in
          the words of the guy I bought it from "the only one with any
          bite" he'd seen, It certainly performs well at all
          apertures. The thing that has impressed me most is the
          sharpness across the field at all apertures. A 16*12 I did
          last night with detailed wallpaper parallel to the camera at
          the focused distance showed no resolution fall off (50/2)
          even at f2, I was thinking I had done something wrong but I
          can't fault my technique so miraculous lens syndrome is the
          only explaination.
               I must explain that I walk home about 3 miles every day
          and with winter drawing in I'm struggling for light most of
          the way (picturesque canal) and this explains my drooling
          over Noctiluxes...etc...
               All in all I'm feeling very satisfied with my purchase
          and that 'click' still send shivers down my spine......

          Andrew in Edinburgh

          #####
          No wind...just rain (lots)
          #####