Subject: Re: [Leica] filters for M-lenses
From: "Gary Todoroff" <datamaster@humboldt1.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 1997 09:13:33 -0800

> Jeff Segawa wrote

> Whether it's due to
> the materials used, variations in dimensions or whatever, some seem to
seize
> up readily, while others work without fuss.

Headline: Inspiration Struck Stuck Filter

Last week with a stuck filter on a 50 Summicron-R and a post-office style
rubber band laying on the desk nearby, I had an idea (rare event). I tied a
knot in the middle of the rubber band to make a smaller loop that then
stretched tightly around the filter. With the "grip" spread more evenly
around the filter, it twisted off easily.

Gary Todoroff