Subject: Re: [Leica] Filters for M-lenses
From: "Julius G. Gerards" <j.gerards@village.uunet.be>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 1997 23:42:17 +0200

Many thanks to Henning, Jeff, Mark, Steven, Dan, Stephen and Marc for giving me
some interesting advice and thoughts on the subject.
I agree that putting a piece of glass in front of a superb optical system (an M-lens)
will decrease image quality.
But I do feel that in some situations (maybe even in a "pizza parlour") it's better to
choose for a little less performance in order to protect rather expensive lenses.
Thanks again for all your fast responses.

Julius