Subject: Re: [Leica] A trip
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 1997 19:53:52 -0600

At 11:08 AM 12/11/97 -0800, you wrote:

>This is not rocket science. And it's not new either. Prints from slides,
>are, basically, the best photographic color prints available. Ilfochrome
>(used to be called Cibachrome) not only produces outstanding prints, it is
>one of the most archival processes around. What you got from Kodak doesn't

Now I haven't done them since they were Ciba, but isn't it still true that
the AZO dyes are only in the glossy material. In the olden days (80s) the
Pearl paper did not use those metal dyes, and was not nearly as archival.
Nor was the result nearly as sharp.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

He, who will not reason, is a bigot;
he, who cannot, is a fool;
and he, who dares not, is a slave.

William Drumond, Scottish writer  (1585-1649)