Subject: Re: [Leica] A trip
From: ted grant <75501.3002@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 1997 20:57:40 -0500

Art wrote:

<<<what is the best process/technology/etc. to specify in order to get
prints matching as closely as possible the transparencies from which they
were made?  Thanks much for any help.>>>>

Art,
you will receive two or three (dozen) :) suggestions on how to have the
prints made from members.

However I have for many years had 4X5 internegatives made at a pro lab and
prints made to 30X40 inches or larger on occaision.

Internegative material these days is superb, but one must deal through a
pro lab and don't worry about sending to Kodak. If you have a pro-lab near
by and you can be personally in their door for service it is much easier.
Otherwise if you are in the USA there will be members who can suggest
excellent professional labs to deal with by mail.

The 4X5 interneg could run you in the neighbourhood of $10-12.00, however
it isn't ncessary to go that large for smaller size prints as the internegs
can be made on 35mm and still get excellent print results up to 8X10.  The
size and quality of the  print will determine the size of the interneg.  If
you want prints to give to friends, then a 35mm will do just fine. And with
excellent colour.

Another option for prints is Cibachrome. I stay away from that process
simply because if you do not have the correct subject lighting/contrast
image, the Cibachrome will kill you.

There is another process where prints can be made directly from your
positive without the internegative, but I have had no experience with it.
I'm sure others have.

hope this helps.

ted