Subject: [Leica] ok, ok now
From: ted grant <75501.3002@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 1997 19:35:15 -0500

Francesco wrote:
<<<<<Has anyone found any flaws with the 35 1.4 and the 80 1.4 at close
distances, under 3 meters?  I have read that the 80 does not do well under
1.5m, and needs to be stopped down the f/5.6 or even f/8 for good
performance, while the same article said the 35 does well at any aperture
and any distance, claiming it is Leica's best 1.4 R lens.  Any comments
from the LUGgers?>>>>>>

Francesco mon ami,

You read too much and don't shoot enough! :)

Try some of the tests yourself as I believe your questions were answered
the other day by a very competent Leica professional photographer.

Just to make you feel better because I failed to mention it earlier, "Yes I
did use Leica's in Vietnam 1968! And I still use them almost weekly. Feel
better now? :)

ted