Subject: [Leica] 50 Summicron Hood/Cap Combo
From: Bruce Feldman <feldman@tuj.ac.jp>
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 1997 11:42:06 +0900 (JST)

I finally 'fixed' the problem of the cap insert dropping out of the hood
on my 2nd generation 50/2.  I've added electrical tape spacers to the
perimeter of the cap so that it fits snuggly into the hood; then, I made
an electrical tape tab and stuck it onto the cap so I can pull it out when
I want to shoot.  It's a real kludge, I know.  but it works.  It also
serves as additional camoflage for my M-4P.  "Why doesn't he get himself a
decent camera, Harold?  They're so cheap nowadays."