Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Moss on Welch
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 1997 08:54:45 -0600

At 04:02 AM 12/13/97 -0500, you wrote:

> but you only have to ask a highly respected dealer like Jim Kuehl and he
will
> tell you that he buys from Leica USA  w/o passport and will sell you his own
> personal warranty coverage for one year.

> I consider both Jim and Don to be of the finest character & very much resent
> your attempt to put them down.  Now don't be offended & ask for a "vote of
> confidence" again as you have your philosophy & ethics as do I.

I have NEVER said anything to put down Don Chatterton. And you are out of
line to make such a claim. I said "He is the man!" That is good, in case
you don't understand the American vernacular. Sorry if that's the case.

Most people know Jim Kuehl had some trouble with Leica. I won't go into it
here. But I can tell you he has always treated me with the greatest
consideration, and never cheated me. Alway too a lens back when I didn't
like it. So where did you see me say bad things about Jim? Huh? Put up or
shut up. (Another vernacular).

>I know nothing about your comment on Leica USA  punishing anyone for any-
>thing - but surely you are not so stupid as to say that you think it is
>ethical to
>sell "Demos" as new?

How ever did you get that idea? I said nothing of the sort. Stop using
insulting language and stop attacking when you can't even read my posts
accurately. My point was that it is REQUIRED by Leica that dealers not sell
Demos as new. What's so hard to understand about that? There were dealers
who did just that.

And dealers who were counterfieting passport warranties.

And what evidence is that the Leica is phasing out their Passport warranty?
I have yet to see any. And I just bought my M6 with one, and talked to the
warranty people at Leica USA and they said nothing of the sort. If you
don't believe me, call Leica USA and ask.

I don't need a "vote of confidence." Read more carefully before hitting the
reply button.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Hard work has a future payoff. Laziness pays off now